No matter where you are on your life journey, setbacks can cause disappointment and a loss of momentum.
Whether it’s a new career you’re working towards or an overall appreciation of life, every step towards fulfillment can seem financially, emotionally, or psychologically draining from time to time.
To boost your confidence, here’s a list of the top 10 power words and tips to keep you motivated and passionate, no matter what life throws your way:
Word 1: Purpose
Whenever you’re feeling discouraged or disappointed, always remember your original purpose. Reminding yourself of the original reason for venturing down your path in the first place will help refresh your mind when things go awry.
Incorporate a statement of purpose into an Affirmation that you say out loud on a daily basis to help strengthen the concept in your own mind. Focusing on your purpose every day can help serve as a gut-check to make sure you’re staying authentic in your pursuit.
Word 2: Planning
Though you may think that you’ve done enough planning towards the fulfillment of your goal, thinking it through again will help you call out and eliminate aspects of your plan of action that may be causing you setbacks. Put all your thoughts down on paper, from the smallest details to the larger movements – a journal would be a great place for this.
- Being able to see the timeline, time-based goals, and inspiration for your mission will help you focus on taking one step at a time to reach your goals.
- Documenting your process can help reveal additional insight, especially as your continue to learn and grow during your journey.
Word 3: Acceptance
Accepting that you’re a human being who’s bound to have ups and downs is absolutely crucial to your success. Without this self-acceptance, you’ll be subject to a foggy mind that’s unable to think positively, clearly, and innovatively, or you might subject yourself to overly harsh judgment if you make a misstep.
- Acceptance of what hasn’t worked in the past helps you gain a better knowledge of what will work in the future.
Word 4: Reward
When your motivation starts to wane, it’s crucial to give yourself rewards along the way for the steps you take as you progress. This is one of the best ways to stay motivated on your path to success.
By giving yourself a taste of what you’re working for – whether it’s financial freedom, career responsibility, your dream lifestyle, or an authentic and fulfilling spiritual path, you won’t feel like you’re working so hard for nothing when you plan and execute a reasonable reward. This refreshes your mind and helps you work more productively.
Word 5: Health
You know what this entails on a general level: moderate exercise, a healthy diet, and 7-8 hours of sleep per night. If you need to modify these recommendations to fit your specific needs and lifestyle, do it – but prioritize your mental, physical, and emotional health in your plan of achievement.
Feeling worn-down, depressed, or emotionally wrung out will make it almost impossible to pursue your goals and vision with the same clarity and vigor you had when you first set out.
- Take care of your basic needs first, and you’ll be strong enough to pursue your dreams.
Word 6: Motivation
Research motivational books, CDs, and seminars, and check out our TIPS Reports and Affirmations for additional help. Sometimes hearing motivational tips from a different perspective can greatly motivate you to act and succeed.
- Find a source or two that touches you in some way and keep them close for those moments when you feel discouraged. After all, we all get discouraged at one time or another. This could be a motivational app on your smartphone, a small book of printed affirmations that you carry with you, or a daily motivational email that arrives to help you start your day on the right foot.
Word 7: Organization
Ever feel depressed and worn out, and then inspiration hits, and you clean up/straighten up your surroundings? By bringing some order to a bookcase or shelf, you can instantly feel more focused and motivated. The same feeling can apply to your goal. Organize and clean house when it comes to the operation of your goal.
- Organizing yourself gives you a fresh start and a feeling of clarity. In doing so, you’ll be able to attack your short and long-term goals more vigorously and effectively.
Word 8: Refresh
Refresh your plans and move forward with something new. It could be a different tactic in your business, a new and more supportive setting for your latest enterprise, or a career move. Whatever it is, break out of the pattern you’re in and try something new. Even if this new tactic doesn’t yield positive results immediately, at the very least it will make you aware of the availability of your options.
Word 9: Networking
Reach out to people in your industry or those who share your life goal. You can do this in a number of ways: check out local clubs, find a plethora of people online, or talk to existing contacts that may have already succeeded in your goal.
- Having someone to voice your struggles, questions, and experience to and/or brainstorm with will invigorate you to keep moving forward.
Word 10: Action
Taking action, despite those pesky doubts and unavoidable setbacks, will further your progress. By moving on, despite any pessimistic thoughts, you will motivate yourself by the sheer momentum of doing something proactive to change your circumstances.
Whenever you feel like your progress has stalled, or you simply want some quick inspiration, look to these 10 powerful words and strategies to spur you on. You’re sure to find something to get you back on track toward success!